Flavor adventures - Departing Daily
A New Take On an Old Favorite
Sometimes you just need a ham and cheese in your life. Oftentimes you need it with a UFO Winter Blonde. This ham & gouda beer grilled cheese recipe was crafted by our friend Vanessa at @caffeinated.kitchen.
What You Need:
– 1 cup beer
– 2 eggs
– ¼ cup flour
– Salt and pepper
– 2 tbsp butter
– Deli ham slices
– Gouda, sliced
– Sturdy white bread
What You Do:
1. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat
2. Whisk beer, eggs, flour, salt and pepper in a medium bowl
3. Drench a piece of bread in the beer mixture and let any excess drip back into the bowl. Similar to making french toast!
4. Add the soaked bread to the hot skillet
5. Layer with your desired amount of sliced ham and gouda
6. Soak another piece of bread and place on top of the layered sandwich
7. Let it sit and sizzle over medium heat. Don’t flip the sandwich until the gouda is visibly starting to melt
8. Brown the other side and remove to a plate
9. Slice and serve hot!