Flavor adventures - Departing Daily
Baked Brie with UFO Raspberry Jam
It’s your lucky day because we’re about to give you a 2-for-1 special. That’s right, two recipes for the price of well … free!
What You Need:
– 4 cups granulated sugar
– 4 cups raspberries
– UFO Raspberry to taste (be sure to add it slowly so your jam doesn’t become too watery!)
– 1 large sheet of puff pastry dough OR 1 tube of refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
– 1 round or wedge of Brie cheese (do not remove rind)
– The Raspberry jam you just made (you pro, you!)
– Brown sugar
– 1/4 cup of maple syrup
What You Do:
1. Place sugar in an ovenproof shallow pan and warm in a 250°F (120°C) oven for 15 minutes. (Warm sugar dissolves better.)
2. Place berries in a large stainless steel or enamel saucepan. Bring to a full boil over high heat, mashing berries with a potato masher as they heat. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Slowly add UFO Raspberry.
3. Add warm sugar, return to a boil, and boil until mixture will form a gel (see tips, below), about 5 minutes.
4. Ladle into sterilized jars (there will be extra so you can make plenty of PB&Js!).
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a stick-free cookie sheet, lay out the puff pastry or the crescent rolls flat and put the brie round or wedge on top.
2. Spread your Raspberry jam on the brie, fold the dough over the top, and cut off the excess dough. Drizzle maple syrup and place a handful of brown sugar on top. Bake the brie at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes (the pastry should be golden brown when finished).
3. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy with crackers or freshly baked dinner rolls.