Flavor adventures - Departing Daily
Beer & Bacon Mac and Cheese
Move over noodle and cheese duo – UFO White Ale’s joining the part-ay. A comfort classic, all grown up.
What You Need:
– 2 cups elbow macaroni
– 4 strips of bacon, crumbled
– 1/2 cup sour cream
– 1 egg
– 2/3 cup beer UFO White Ale
– 1 1/2 cups fresh grated sharp cheddar cheese
– 2 tbs butter
– 1/2 tsp black pepper
– 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
– pinch cayenne pepper
– salt to taste
What You Do:
- In a large pot of boiling water, add the noodles and cook until just before done. Don’t over-cook the noodles or this will end up mushy.
- Drain the pasta, return the pot to the stove and cook the bacon until crispy, remove from pot and allow to cool.
- Drain off bacon grease and return drained noodles to the pot.
- In a separate bowl, add the beer, egg and sour cream, beat until well combined.
- Add the butter and the beer mixture to the noodles and return to medium heat. Stir until the butter has melted.
- About 1/4 a cup at a time, add the cheese. Stir until cheese has melted before adding more.
- Add the spices and chopped bacon, stir.