Flavor adventures - Departing Daily
This salsa is bright, hot, and perfect with tortilla chips and a cold UFO Big Squeeze shandy. This recipe was crafted by our friend Vanessa at @caffeinated.kitchen.
What You Need:
– 1 large grapefruit
– 1 medium avocado, finely diced
– ½ medium cucumber, diced
– ⅓ cup shallots, diced
– ⅓ cup red onions, diced
– 1 small jalapeno, diced (seeded if you don’t want too much heat)
– 1 lime, juiced
– 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
– 1 bunch cilantro, chopped (if you aren’t a cilantro fan, use half this amount)
– 1 tsp sea salt
What You Do:
1. The hardest part of this recipe is getting the grapefruit pieces! You can either cut the grapefruit in half and scoop them out with a spoon, or cut it specifically to segment out the wedges.
2. Combine the avocado, cucumber, shallots, red onion and jalapeno in a large glass serving bowl as you prepare them. This will help give you a sense of your ratio. If you want to throw in another avocado or the extra half of that cucumber – go for it.
3. Give everything in your bowl so far a good stir to get it all mixed
4. Add the lime juice, vinegar and salt and stir again
5. Add most of your cilantro to the bowl and stir to combine
6. You’ll start to see all the glorious salsa juices start to happen and that’s a good sign
7. Scoop into a serving dish, or serve in the bowl, sprinkling the remaining cilantro on top
8. Don’t forget the chips!!