Flavor adventures - Departing Daily
Cran-Orange Beer Braised Pot Roast
There's no shortage of flavors in this delicious beer braised pot roast recipe featuring our UFO Winter Blonde. Recipe crafted by our friend @caffeinated.kitchen.
What You Need:
– 2 1/2 pounds chuck roast
– salt and pepper
– 4 tbsp olive oil
– 1 yellow onion, chopped
– 4 carrots, cut into fourths
– 2 celery, chopped
– 1 cup beer
– 12 oz bag cranberries
– 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
– 2 cups beef stock
– 2 tbsp honey
– 12 oz baby potatoes
What You Do:
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
2. Cover the roast on all sides with salt and pepper
3. Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium high heat. Sear the roast on all sides until browned and transfer to a plate.
4. Add the onion, celery, carrots to the pot. Saute for 3 – 5 minutes until the vegetables are soft, but not too soft and the onions will be translucent.
5. Add the beer to the pot with the vegetables and use it to scrape any browned bits from the searing off the bottom.
6. Return the roast to the pan and add the cranberries, herbs, beef stock, honey and orange to the pan with the potatoes.
7. Braise for 2 ½ – 3 hours until the roast is tender
8. Strain the carrots and potatoes from the cooking liquid and remove to a platter with the roast and serve.