Flavor adventures - Departing Daily
Let’s be real – donuts are just an excuse to eat cake for breakfast. And, since these are baked, not fried, go on with your bad self and eat three 😊(Inspired by Daily Dish Recipes)
What You Need:
– 2 cups of all-purpose flour
– 1 cup of sugar
– 2 ½ teaspoon of baking powder
– ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
– ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
– ½ teaspoon salt
– 2 large eggs, beaten
– ½ cup of UFO CRANBeeRY
– ¼ cup of heavy cream
– 3 tablespoons of butter, melted
– 1 ¼ Tablespoon of vanilla extract
– 1 cup of chopped cranberries
What You Do:
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Spray your donut pan with non stick cooking spray.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, both spices and salt.
3. In another mixing bowl, whisk your eggs, then add the cream, beer, butter and vanilla and whisk until incorporated.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and blend just until incorporated. It will be a little thick, don’t worry about this. Fold in the chopped cranberries.
5. Open a freezer bag and dump the dough into the bag. Seal the bag and snip the bottom corner off one side.
6. Pipe the dough into your donut
7. Bake at 325 degrees for 10-12 minutes. You can tell they are done because if you press on the donut, it will spring back up.
8. Allow to completely cool on a rack before icing.
For the icing:
1. In a blender, pulverize the cranberries with a couple of drops of water.
2. Add the cream and blend.
3. Pour 1 cup at a time of powdered sugar into the blender and blend. If you want a thinner icing, only use the 1st cup. If you want a thicker icing, use the second cup of powdered sugar.
4. Pour or brush the icing over the donuts. Enjoy!