Flavor adventures - Departing Daily
We’re feeling fancy AF today. Cook to impress that special someone with Hefe Risotto!
What You Need:
- Olive Oil (we’d do amounts, but let’s be honest, just toss it in there when needed!)
- 9 ounces Shiitake mushrooms, discard stems and slice in 1/4-inch pieces
- Fresh thyme, couple sprigs, to taste
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 12 oz UFO Hefeweizen
What You Do:
- Bring chicken broth to simmer in medium pan. Keep warm over low heat.
- In separate pan, saute mushrooms with olive oil and fresh thyme until tender, about 10 minutes. (Tip: you can’t over do it, so just enjoy your beer while they saute!) Set aside in bowl when finished. Remove thyme sprigs.
- Add some more olive oil and saute shallots with garlic, until fragrant.
- Add some butter to pan and toss in rice for 1-2 minutes, until slightly nutty aroma.
- Pour in UFO Hefeweizen, stirring constantly until absorbed. Add broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until absorbed (about 20 minutes total). (Tip: When it gets to the point that you can drag a spoon through and it looks thick, it’s done!)
- When the risotto is done, gently stir in mushrooms and Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with remaining Parmesan, chives, and a cold UFO Hefeweizen 😉
Thanks, dad for sharing this recipe with me!