Flavor adventures - Departing Daily
Nacho Average Cheese Sauce
When in doubt: beer. When in a whole lot of doubt: Cheese and beer. Try this beer-ified spin on your favorite bar snack – just add the UFO! (adapted from The Craft Beer Cookbook)
What You Need:
– 1 bag tortilla chips
– ½ cup UFO White Ale
– 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
– ½ cup milk
– 1 can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (or hot peppers of your choice)
– 2 tbsp. butter
What You Do:
- In a blender or food processer, add the UFO White Ale, shredded cheese, milk and peppers. Blend on high for a few minutes until well blended.
- In a pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the cheese mixture and stir continuously until thick (approximately 8 to 10 minutes).
- Serve over tortilla chips, or serve on the side as a dipping sauce.