Flavor adventures - Departing Daily
UFO Raspberry Vinaigrette
No great story ever started with “So, I was eating a salad…” Unless you’re telling someone about this amazing UFO Raspberry salad dressing you inhaled, in which case, your story is already amazing. (adapted A Salad for All Seasons)
What You Need:
- 12 ounces of fresh raspberries
- 2 Tablespoons of raspberry vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons UFO Raspberry
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- ½ teaspoon of kosher salt
- a few grinds of freshly cracked pepper
- a pinch of nutmeg
What You Do:
- Place the raspberries in the bowl of a food processor or blender and blend until the raspberries are pureed.
- Pour the puree into a mesh strainer set over your work bowl.
- Press the puree through with a spatula until you are just left with seeds in the strainer.
- Add the vinegar, lemon juice, honey, nutmeg, salt & pepper and whisk to combine.
- Continue to whisk as you slowly add the olive oil and beer.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, vinegar and olive oil to suit your tastes.