Flavor adventures - Departing Daily
Southwestern Beer Queso Breakfast Bake
Try beer for breakfast! Because it doesn't count if you're cooking with it, right? Crafted by our friend @caffeinated.kitchen.
What You Need:
– 2 chorizo links
– 1 onion, diced
– 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
– ½ red bell pepper, chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, chopped
– 10 eggs
– 2 cups milk
– ½ tsp cayenne pepper
– 1 tsp cumin
– Salt and pepper
– 4 cups mexican cheese blend
– 1 8 oz. package cream cheese
– 1 can UFO Winter Blonde
– Bag of frozen tater tots
What You Do:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Bring the can of beer to boil over medium heat in a saucepan
3. When boiling, whisk in the package of cream cheese and 3 cups of cheese blend
4. Stir until melted and turn the heat to low to keep warm
5. Layer the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish with a single layer of tater tots. Don’t overlap them.
6. Remove the casing from the chorizo links and break into pieces in a skillet
7. Saute until warm and cooked through then add a layer of cooked chorizo on the tots
8. Add the onion, peppers and jalapenos to the skillet and saute until soft
9. Add the garlic and saute another 30 seconds or so.
10. Layer the veggie mixture over the chorizo and tots
11. Pour most of the beer queso over the dish and reserve up to 2 cups for serving
12. In a medium sized bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, cayenne pepper, cumin and salt and pepper until combined.
13. Pour the egg mixture into the casserole dish and sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese over the top
14. Bake until the eggs are set in the middle and no longer wobbly. Be careful you don’t mistake melty cheese for unset eggs. The edges should start to brown a little and pull away from the side of the dish.
15. Pour remaining queso over each serving and garnish with cilantro or parsley