Flavor adventures - Departing Daily
UFO Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
What You Need:
– 1/4 cup butter, melted
– 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
– sliced pineapple (6-8 canned slices or use fresh)
– 15-20 maraschino cherries
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup butter, melted
– 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
– 1/4 cup granulated sugar
– 1 large egg
– 1/2 cup plain yogurt
– 1 cup UFO Pineapple
– 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
What You Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Prepare topping: Spread 1/4 cup of melted butter into a deep pie dish or round cake pan. Sprinkle evenly with 1/2 cup of brown sugar. Top with pineapple slices and arrange cherries between the pineapple slices. Set aside.
3. Prep the cake: In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a larger bowl, add ¼ cup of melted butter and whisk in the sugars, getting out any brown sugar lumps. Whisk in egg, yogurt, UFO Pineapple, and vanilla extract. Slowly mix in dry ingredients until no lumps remain. The batter should be thick!
4. Pour your batter into pan with the toppings. Make sure it’s not overflowing. Bake for at 40-48 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
5. Flip the cake upside-down on top of a cake stand or a large serving plate. Slice and serve warm, with an ice-cold UFO Pineapple.