Flavor adventures - Departing Daily
UFO Winter Blonde Magic Bars
We’re big fans of dessert over here. We’re even bigger fans of dessert when it’s made with our delicious UFO Winter Blonde. How can you go wrong when you add things like white chocolate chips, bacon, and caramel to the already amazing flavors of UFO Winter Blonde? The answer: you can’t. We are thrilled that our friend Vanessa over at @caffeinated.kitchen delivered this amazing recipe that we’re going to be drooling over for the rest of the Winter.
What You Need:
– 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
– 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 1 egg
– 2 tsp vanilla extract
– 2 cups flour
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
– 2 pieces of bacon, crisped and chopped
– 3 tbsp beer
For the Topping:
– 2 boxes of Nips caramels
– 1/4 cup beer
– Potato chips
– Mini chocolate chips
– 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
– 2 tsp heavy cream (or milk)
What You Do:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 and line a 9 x 13 baking dish with parchment paper. It should come up the sides and over the edge
2. Cream the butter and sugars for 3 – 4 minutes until very light and fluffy
3. Add the egg and extract and mix on low until combined
4. Add the flour and baking soda slowly until combined. Dough is going to be thick!
5. Stir in the white chocolate chips, bacon and beer
6. Scoop the dough into the prepared dish and using a warm knife or spatula, spread it evenly across the bottom, all the way to the edges
7. Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown
8. Let cool and prepare your toppings!
9. Put the caramels and beer into a small saucepan and set over medium heat. Stir as it melts so it doesn’t stick.
10. Pour the caramel over your cooled cookie base and spread it to the edges
11. While the caramel is still warm, cover it with the toppings of your choice! Crushed potato chips and pretzels and crispy bacon for salt, chocolate chips, cookie pieces or even candy for sweetness. As the caramel hardens, it will keep your toppings in place.
12. In a bowl, combine the chocolate chips and milk and microwave for 30 seconds. Whisk with a fork until all the chips have finished melting and drizzle over the entire cookie bar as a final touch!