Flavor adventures - Departing Daily
Winter Blonde Chocolate Waffles
Waffles are essentially a more considerate pancake. They’re like, “Hey friend, let me hold that syrup for you in one of my little boxes.” Give these beery waffles a try and see for yourself! Inspired by Goodie Godmother.
What You Need:
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 12 ounces Winter Blonde
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
What You Do:
- Place the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until it melts, then pour in the Winter Blonde and stir. Cook for about 3 minutes, then remove from the heat and set aside. Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients.
- Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the butter and beer mixture. Whisk in the eggs and milk. Stir until just combined. Using a large cookie scoop, pour batter into your waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer’s instructions. Usually about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the waffle and set on a rack in a warm oven until you finish cooking.
- Serve waffles immediately topped with syrup, powdered sugar, and Winter Blonde!